Functions within the operating room to ensure efficient management of the daily surgery schedule. Is responsible for all clerical functions, including the preparation of patient charges and surgical log. Maintains proficiency in computer skills and patient scheduling, and works cooperatively with ancillary departments and other team members. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of Unit Clerk course or equivalent, i.e. Project Soar Program
- AAS Degree in Secretarial Science, Medical Office Assistant (or equivalent) preferred
- Two (2) years of office or unit clerk experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Accuracy in typing and data entry
- Computer proficiency
- Technical activity includes the use of office equipment, fax, telephones, call system, paging system, personal computer, and printer
- Physical activity includes walking, standing, sitting, frequent stooping, and frequent use of the keyboard
- Subject to inside environmental conditions. Flexible regarding assigned time to satisfy unit staffing needs.