We are searching for a sharp payroll assistant to ensure that staff members are compensated for their work. The payroll assistant will be required to gather all information pertaining to work patterns and salary deductions, and to ensure that this is captured accurately on our payroll software. You should also provide employees with insight into payroll activities and work to resolve their queries, as needed.
Payroll Assistant Responsibilities:
- Gathering and examining timesheets to ensure their validity.
- Entering start and end times onto the payroll software.
- Capturing approved annual and sick leave.
- Ensuring that compensation for overtime work is calculated at the appropriate rate and that annual leave is calculated accordingly, if applicable.
- Confirming that legally-mandated and optional deductions have been processed correctly.
- Preparing and distributing hard copy or electronic paychecks.
- Performing all tasks well before the pay run to ensure that staff members are compensated and notified on time.
- Addressing queries about payroll-related issues.
- Working to resolve discrepancies in payments as a matter of urgency.
Payroll Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a bookkeeping or similar course is highly advantageous.
- Previous experience (1+ years) as a Payroll Assistant, preferably within a company of a similar size.
- Familiarity with payroll software – ADP Workforce a must.
- Excellent data entry, data cleaning, and math skills.
- Knowledge of legislation and procedures pertaining to salary deductions.
- Capacity to keep track of numerous ongoing tasks.
- Adherence to all prescribed ethical guidelines, including confidentiality.
- Strong sense of integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Payroll: 1 year (Required)