- Handles the FMLA, NYS PFL leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, PFL, Disability and other leaves.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, PFL, DBL and state and local laws.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Conducts and oversees enrollment and activity reconciliation of both salaried and hourly employees in all voluntary and involuntary benefit programs such as, life insurance, medical and dental insurance and 401-K Plan. Coordinates human resources procedure to initiate such benefits. Checks for accuracy and submits to insurance company in a timely manner. Initiates record keeping.
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as appropriate; records COBRA premium payments
- Provides administrative support for the HR team.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Answers, screens, directs and provides support for incoming phone calls
- Clerical duties, including, faxing/fax distribution, mailings, filing and photocopying. Follows up with employee requests as required
- Employee Badge Requests
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of Human Resources experience required
- Leave management/benefit administration experience preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in administrative skills, organizing and setting priorities, maintaining confidentiality, and customer service skills
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer. Must have the ability to pass pre-employment background checks including a drug screen.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Human resources: 1 year (Required)
- FMLA: 1 year (Preferred)